Why is having your Interior Designer On-Board from the Beginning of your Project Critical?
- A common misconception is that interior designers come into the construction and renovation process once it is completed to, “pretty everything up”.
- Experienced owners, builders and contractors understand that having an interior designer involved during the remodel or new construction from the onset can make or break the success of the project
- ADS is a full-service interior design firm; which means, we start from scratch and deliver skillfully designed interior spaces through the process of thorough design development.
- Interior Design should begin once the site is selected and the exterior building envelope begins conceptual development.
- This integrated design approach not only elevates your project from good to great design, but it reduces costly afterthoughts that occur when the structural and aesthetic components have not been though through by those who specialize in each discipline.
PROBLEM – PHASE I
Programming & Conceptual Design
We will establish market and design intent, determine the specific project requirements, provide space planning and present a design that conveys intent of design
BRAINSTORM – PHASE II
We will study options for space layouts, building form and appearance, and general material, fixture, and equipment selections.
DESIGN – PHASE III
We will refine the approved space layout and building appearance, define detailed design criteria for each space, and make specific material, fixture, and equipment selections.
BUILD – PHASE IV
We will annotate and detail the building design approved in Design Development to create the set of documents a contractor will need to bid, permit, and construct the building.
COMPLETE – PHASE V
We will meet periodically with the contractor to review the construction progress, schedule, unforeseen conditions, proposed changes, etc.
We will approve payments, respond to questions, and issue revisions to the Construction Documents as needed for clarification or changes in the work.
POST-CONSTRUCTION – PHASE VI
Project Closeout Meeting
Complete closeout procedures and documentation (as-built drawings, warranties, manuals, etc.) after completion of construction